By Richard Bauman
- A attention-grabbing point of view on intertextuality: the concept that written and spoken texts communicate to each other, e.g. via style or allusions.
- Presents a chain of ethnographic case reports to demonstrate the topic.
- Draws on a large diversity of oral performances and literary documents from around the world.
- The author’s advent units a framework for the research of style, practice and intertextuality.
- Shows how performers mix genres, e.g., telling tales approximately riddles or legends approximately magical verses, or developing revenues pitches.
Read or Download A World of Others' Words: Cross-Cultural Perspectives on Intertextuality PDF
Best folklore & mythology books
I got here to Northern eire as a part of the reconciliation move in 1996, and was once in Belfast till 2001 as a voluntary employee in different peace firms; then I got here to Gweedore, within the center of the Gaeltacht area of Donegal. each day, i've been requested why I got here to eire and this memoir is a solution to that question.
Tuck this e-book less than your arm, leap on your automobile, and prepare to find the ghosts of North Texas! those aren't tall tales-these are tales approximately locations you could stopover at by yourself ghost-hunting excursion!
Bloody Mary within the reflect mixes Sigmund Freud with vampires and The Little Mermaid to determine what new mild psychoanalysis can carry to folklore concepts and types. Ever considering the fact that Freud released his research of Jewish jokes in 1905 and his disciple Otto Rank together with his groundbreaking the parable of the delivery of the Hero in 1909, the psychoanalytic learn of folklore has been an said a part of utilized psychoanalysis.
This is often an authoritative presentation and dialogue of the main simple thematic parts universally present in folklore and literature. The reference presents an in depth research of the most typical archetypes or motifs present in the folklore of chosen groups world wide. every one access is written by way of a famous authority within the box, and comprises accompanying reference citations.
Additional resources for A World of Others' Words: Cross-Cultural Perspectives on Intertextuality
A World of Others' Words: Cross-Cultural Perspectives on Intertextuality by Richard Bauman